I would like to control position and velocity of a motor. I have found slg47105, which has high enough output current, but I'm not sure whether it is possible to implement PID controller on it. I have found an application note for the motor control, but it uses a lot of dicrete components to implement a PID. In my case this is not an option, since I have very limited space on PCB. Is it possible to implement PID without using external components?
The specific requirements for my motor controller are:
- reading quadrature encoder pulses
- controlling motor posistion and sending it to supervisory MCU
- controlling motor velocity and sending it to supervisory MCU
- reading motor current and sending it to MCU
- ideally, there should be a possiblity to adjust PID settings by sending a command via I2C
If necessary, I can accomodate one more IC in a package not bigger than 3x3mm.