4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Diego Garcia
da14580 DK not running from battery

Hello there.

I've downloaded the barebone example to the flash memory, and the board starts advertising as soon as is connected to the pc, but when I try to run the application from battery, the board just doesn't power up.

I've already changed the jumper from "int" to "bat", but it still not working. Do I have to set another jumper configuration?
By the way, which is the propper battery orientation?

Thanks in advance

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Diego Garcia,

Hi Diego Garcia,

I suppose that you are working on Pro-DK, aren’t you? If yes, there is a small hardware malfunction. When the board operates on battery (J11 jumper on 2-3), the RST-signal is permanently high. When USB is disconnected, then T_RESET becomes low. After invertor U7 RST is high. In this case the board will not operate. Workaround is the dismounting of R84. Please have a look at Appendix G of UM-B-049 DA1458x Getting started with Development Kit - Pro user manual. Regarding the correct buttery orientation,  if you are using the CR2032 lithium battery, the “letters” should be on the top.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Diego Garcia
I'm working with the Basic

I'm working with the Basic Kit

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Diego Garcia,

Hi Diego Garcia,

In Basic-DK, you should not do any workaround. Just place the battery (coin cell) in the battery-socket on the back of the board and change the jumper to position BAT (J5 2-3). Since you have burnt the SPI flash, after pressign the reset button the device should start advertising.

Thanks, PM_Dialog