Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lionel03
DA14681 Wearable Development Kit

hallo,

for a Project company we have ordered this module and we would like to know if you have any detailed information about the implementation of NFC on this module.

In the software manual I see "The Wearable DK integrates an NFC module.." and in the hardware manual I see "The NFC module used in this reference design is the LA66002 from Infineon and is suitable to implement the following modes..". I am looking for how this is implemented and if there are options to control module access such as toggling between read-only and read-write based on detected events.

Thank you.

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Thanks for your question online and for your interest in our BLE solutions. For the Wearable Kit only the basic Power-ON, Read/Write for the NFC was implemented - nothing more sophisticated than that. The Wearable Task - wrbl_task -  controls the ON/OFF state.  When the corresponding screen is displayed, an event of a short button press sets the appropriate state. When turned on, the NFC module gets powered up and can communicate with an NFC reader. Otherwise, it is powered down to reduce power consumption. Please checkout nfc_state item in the wrbl_task_env struct.  The wrbl_nfc_cfg() function is used for configuring the NFC state -  refer to the source code.

The driver for the NFC module is the la66002 and can be found under projects\target_apps\wrbl\drivers\src path.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hi Dialog,

Hi Dialog,

thank you so much for the detalailed Information, this will be very useful for me. I see in this link https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/sites/default/files/engineering_change_notice_nfc_daughterboard_224-37_c.pdf that the NFC Modul work only when Capacitor C134 has to be removed for proper operation of the NFC module. or is already removed?

Thanks

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

I assume that the capacitor has been removed, but you can check it into the Wearable Kit PCB to verify it.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

I have created a new project from the wrbl_app and I try to run it on my mobul but the following error occurred "Missing mandatory device name. Fill-in the 'Device name:' field in the Debugger tab."

thanks

Attachment: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Would it be possible to share a screenshot with the error? I assume that is from the SmartSnippets Studio.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

please see the attch zip file yes it is the SmartSnippets Studio

Thanks, Lionel03

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

did you have a solution for me please?

thanks Lionel03

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Can you please explain how this error occurs? I see that the project was built successfully. Are you trying to attach the debugger? What is the version of the SSS that you are using?

Can you replicate this on any of the SDK examples?  

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hello Dialog, 

Hello Dialog, 

i solved the problem. the previous problem was because i don´t set de Device Name on the field to the Debug Configuration but i have another trouble, when i try to attach the debugger i still have a breakpoint trap. please see the atached file.

Thank you 

Lionel03

Attachment: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Glad that you figured your issue out and thanks for the indication.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hi Dialog,

Hi Dialog,

i don´t solve my problem.  i have another trouble, when i try to attach the debugger i still have a breakpoint trap. please see the atached file.

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

can you please help me to solve my problem when i cry to debug my program

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x137e in ?? ()

In the source window it shows a new tab named 0x0 with the comment: No source available for "0x137e" .

If I press the button „View Disassembly“ it shows nothing. 

please look at the attached file to see the error on Smartsnippets Studio.

Attachment: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Can you please indicate the version of the SmartSnippets Studio that you are using? For the DA1468x product family, we recommend the usage of SSS v1.6.3. I saw that is a custom project, so could you let me know if you this issue can be replicated in any of the SDK examples?

Additionally, I assume that you are using Wearable Kit hardware, aren’t you?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hallo Dialog,

Hallo Dialog,

thank you for the Answer. Yes i use the Wearable Developpment Kit Hardware.

I have the same problem when i use any of the SDK exemples (pxp_reporter example) and i use the SmartSnippets Studio v2.0.8.1382.

ok i will try to install the version that you proposed to me 

thanks Lionel

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Yes please – try to install SSS v1.6.3 which is the recommended one for DA468x product family.

If you visit the DA1468x product page, under the “Development Tools” section you will find a download link.

https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/connectivity/bluetooth-low-energy/smartbond-da14682-and-da14683

I would also recommend you first deleting the .metadata folder from your workspace directory and then import the project into SSS.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

i have the same problem with the SSS version 1.6.3 please see the attached file.

i try to debug with the SDK example (pxp_reporter) but i have the same problems.

i have te following error "there are no peripheral descriptions available. assign a device to  the project" please see the attached files.

thank you

Lionel03

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

please can you checkt it? see please the above attached files

thank you

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Could you please give a try it with the DA1468x SDK1.0.14.1081 ? Did you follow the installation guidelines as provided in the UM-B-057 SmartSnippets Studio User Manual ?

It seems that the project is built erroneously and that’s why the mapping points to invalid addresses.

Couple things to check :

1. Check if the workspace has been selected correctly – Section 2.1 Selecting Workspace from the user guide
  2. Check if the project has been imported and built correctly -  Section 4.2 describes how to import a build a project.
  3. I would also recommend you trying to connect with the J-Link GDB Server. Are you able to connect?
  4. Are you able to program the DA14681 by executing either the program_qspi_jtag_win or the program_qspi_serial_win? For example please use the pxp_reporter example of the SDK, build it for DA14681-01-Debug_QSPI configuration and try to program the DA14681. Can you detect it over the air?
  5. Can you please share the HW configuration?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

yes i ude the SDK  DA1468x SDK1.0.14.1081 

yes i follow the installation guidelines as provided in the UM-B-057 SmartSnippets Studio User Manual ?

i can build and import the project without error

i try  to program the  the DA14681 by executing either the program_qspi_jtag_win but the following error "bootloader file not specified, using internal  uart boot.bin" please see the attached file.

which HW configuration are you talking about? can you tell me how can i share it to you?

please it´s possible that you can check my configuration yourself over Teamview? 

Thank you

Lionel03

Attachment: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. Let me check it and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

The QSPI programming is done successfully. The “bootloader file not specified, using internal  uart boot.bin” message is not an error. It means that there is not a secondary boot loader, so the DA14681 is using the internal uartboot.bin from the SDK.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot.  After executing the program_qspi_jtag_win script, I am getting same output as in your side.

If I press the RESET button, then the device starts advertising and I am able to detect it over the air by using a BLE generic application. Can you please verify it in your side?

I start debugging it from QSPI,  it resets and executes from QSPI (requires an image flashed in QSPI). Please ensure that you have the same setup as described in section 4.2.4.

With the HW configuration I meant to share a photo of the Wearable Kit just to see if it is configured correctly. In the meanwhile, do you have a possibility to test it in the Pro-DK?

I am using JLink_V512f and Ozone V2.60 – see attached.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

thank you for sharing me your files.

what you said "If I press the RESET button, then the device starts advertising and I am able to detect it over the air by using a BLE generic application. Can you please verify it in your side?"

which RESET Button are you talkinh about? Reset button on the  Communication Interface Board (CIB) ? or Wearable ? because i can only see the switch button ON/OFF on the Wearable Smart and at the moment after executing the program_qspi_jtag_win script, I am not able to detect it over the air by using a Android Wearable BLE application.

With the HW configuration I meant to share a photo of the Wearable Kit just to see if it is configured correctly. In the meanwhile, do you have a possibility to test it in the Pro-DK?

please look at my attached file and you can see all configuration screenshot and my HW configuartion. what are you mean with Pro-DK?

Thank you

Lionel03

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

please can you checkt it? see please the above attached files

thank you

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Please check the attached image and the steps below and make sure that you are having the same setup :

1. Connect the CIB with your PC via the USB connector
  2. Flip the switch it the position “ON”
  3. Set all the required jumper headers
  4. Connect the CIB with the Wearable board
  5. Flip the switch on the Wearable board in the position “DOWN"

The CIB has a reset button on the PCB, so if you press it the DA1468x should be reset/

With the Pro-DI I mean the following DK:

https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/da14683-development-kit-pro

In the debugging tab you, you should have the ATACH and QSPI. I checked you screenshot, and you have 4 other debugging configurations (highlighted with yellow color)/

The SSStudio user guide includes very detailed guidelines in order to program and debug any of the SDK project. Please make sure that you are following the proper sets.

An option might be to re-install the SSStudio and try it in a new SDK workspace.  

You could also take a look at Debugging Techniques Tutorial tutorial in order to check how you can se-up a debugging procedure.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

thank you for the advice i will try it. but i have one question. please chekt the attached files. on my CIB i don´t have this component. this make a difference?

thank you

Lionel03

Attachment: 
Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

please checkt the above attached files.

i follow the step describe on the User Manuel SSS UM-B-057

1. i reinstall the SSS
  2. choose the right SDK
  3. import the project ble_adv and pxp_reporter
  4. check my debug_configuration
  5. import the scripts to write the image on the Board
  6. Connect the CIB with your PC via the USB connector
  7. check if the Board is detected over the SSS 
  8. Flip the switch it the position “ON”
  9. Set all the required jumper headers
  10. Connect the CIB with the Wearable board
  11. Flip the switch on the Wearable board in the position “DOWN"

after this step I am not able to detect my wearble over the air by using a BLE generic application and i´m not able to debug with ATTACH AND QSPI i have the same breakpoint error that i have alreary mentioned 

i aks you again. can we schedule a teamview meeting that you can see what´s the problem?

thank you

Lionel03

Lionel03
Hello Dialog,

Hello Dialog,

i´m able to debug and run the code on my DA14681 Wearable Development Kit succeffuly.

I use the following  DSK DA14681 WRBL v1.150.6 Software Development Kit and evrything working fine for me.

I have another question but i don´t post on this thread.

Thank you for your advice. 

Lionel03

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lionel03,

Hi Lionel03,

Glad that you are able to build and debug the Wearable Development Kit project.

Thanks, PM_Dialog