DA14695 Smartbond WiRa - Multidevice ranging possible?

Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FG_IPA
DA14695 Smartbond WiRa - Multidevice ranging possible?

Hello,

I recently ordered a DA14695-00HQDEVKT-RANG kit and one DA14695 USB kit, which I intend to flash with the WiRa firmware. Is it possible to create multiple WiRa connections between the kits,

so device A not only computes its distance from device B (and vice versa), but also from device C?

Best regards

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi FG_IPA,

Hi FG_IPA,

Thanks for your question online and for your interest in our WiRa solution.

The current WiRa SDK release already contains multilink capability that can be optionally enabled through the command line user interface.

When turned on the WiRa initiator (master) will establish and maintain connections with a defined number of WiRa responders (slaves).

Once all connections are established it will execute a WiRa distance measurement with each responder sequentially.

It will continue to cycle through the connected responders in a round robin fashion until the measurement is stopped or connections are dropped.

Please see the WiRa user manual for more information: https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/sites/default/files/um-b-137_da1469x_wireless_ranging_sdk_rev_2v1.pdf

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Alvarez
Hello,

Hello,

I need to develop a WiRa application and I'm not sure what kits would be the most relevant for this task. I have already downloaded the WiRa user guide  and the DA1469x Tutorial External Interruption tutorial.

Also: can I use  the smartSnippets studio for DA14695 USB kit? Thank you.

Joshua Alvarez

Viewing Support answer: Minimal HW configuration for WiRa functionality in test mode by cheapessaywriter

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Alvarez,

Hi Alvarez,

Thanks for your comment online. I would recommend fist checking the SmartBond™ Wireless Ranging SDK portal.

https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/connectivity/bluetooth-low-energy/products/smartbond-wireless-ranging-SDK

Please also see UM-B-137_DA1469x_Wireless_Ranging_SDK user guide and section 4 Setup, that describes the supported hardware platforms and the necessary steps to build and run the Wireless Ranging application. The SmartSnippets Studio can be used.

Thanks, PM_Dialog