⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yekun
DA14585 SUTA RESET
  • Hello, I encountered two problems when using Suota to upgrade:

1. I used DA14585 development board to test SUOTA, and used external FLASH to upgrade. If the upgrade is successful, I need to press the reset button to upgrade successfully.

Can I use external FLASH to upgrade without pressing reset?

2: When using SUOTA to upgrade, there is Bank1 \ Bank2 \ Bank3 storage block, what is the difference? I have tried to upgrade three of them successfully.

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi yekun,

Hi yekun,

If the procedure completes successfully, the device should be reboot. Please check the BLE SUOTA Update on DA14585/DA14586 and DA14531 Devices. Are you following the same procedure?

Please check app_suotar.h – there are 3 banks available.

#define ANY_IMAGE_BANK              0

#define FISRT_IMAGE_BANK            1

#define SECOND_IMAGE_BANK           2

Additionally, please also check the comments of the app_read_image_headers() in app_suotar.c

With simple words, if bank 0 is selected, then the SUOTA will update the oldest image. For example, if the img #1 is active, then it will be updated with img #2. If bank 1 is selected, then it will update img #1 and make it the active image if the SUOTA is completed successfully. If bank 2 is selected, then it will update img #2 and make it the active image if the SUOTA is completed successfully.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

yekun
The upload process will begin
  • The upload process will begin. When it complete, a message will prompt you to reboot your device. Push “Yes”. You can verify that the update process succeeded by checking the advertised device name.

Does the restart mentioned in the last step of the document refer to the YES of the APP or the Reset button on the development board?

After my APP has clicked Restart, I need to press the Reset button on the board to update successfully。

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi yekun,

Hi yekun,

According to the tutorial, you should just press the “YES” to reboot the device. If you don’t press the reset button from the DK, what is the behavior?

Thanks, PM_Dialog