Flash Programming of DA14531 Module

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
janosN
Flash Programming of DA14531 Module

Dear PM_Dialog,

We have just received the first 10 pieces of DA14531 SmartBond TINY Modules.

We already have the DA14531 Development Kit-Pro together with: DA14531 MOD module development daughter board. On this daughter board there is already one SmartBond TINY module soldered. The SmartBond-Flash Programmer works fine to download code into the module's flash.

Now, the question is: how to program the individual TINY modules? How to attach a separate module to the dev-kit?

It would be rather risky to de-solder the originnal module and always solder a new one.

Which document describes programming stand alone modules?

Thank you in advance.

cole
I just got this working today

I just got this working today with the same setup that you have. Now I can run the codeless firmware on my DA14531MOD. The connections I made from the module to the motherboard are stated below. Also see PDF attachment for pictures. Make sure there are no daughterboards connected in the card slot.

J3 = GND

J5 = UTX

J7 = V3

J9 = SWDIO

J10 = SWCLK

J12 = RST

J14 = URX

I can run the firmware from RAM, and I can also program the flash and run it from there using the SmartSnippets tool. I did encounter a couple of flash write errors (failed verification step), but I retried flashing and then it worked. I think this was due to SI issues from my long fly wires (8 cm long).

Good luck,

-Chris

janosN
Hi Chris,

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much Chris, this is exactly the information that I needed. I shall implement it right now...

Have a nice day,

-Janos-

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Chris, thanks for your

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment.

Hi janosN, In addition to Chris comments, I would also recommend check the following document :

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/Tutorial_SDK6/debug_probe.html

Thanks, PM_Dialog