New Project with DA14531

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
thomas.linder
New Project with DA14531

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

I was wondering if there is a guide on how to start a new project. I succeeded in adopting a previously existing project (Keil uVision, ble_app_barebone) located deep within the SDK directory.

Now I ask myself what would be the correct approach to create a new project and where I would copy the files so they don't reside within the SDK directory in case the SDK gets updated. Is there some kind of folder setup I need to have or is it a question of changing the compiler/linker settings so that they reflect the new location. What is the general apporach you would follow for a new project. All guides I found do not relate to Keil uVision.

Kind regards

Thomas

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi thomas.linder,

Hi thomas.linder,

Thanks for your question. The empty_peripheral_template could be used as the starting point.

SDK path : 6.0.14.1114\projects\target_apps\template\empty_peripheral_template

Please check the following tutorial.

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/Tutorial_SDK6/initial_project.html#

Thanks, PM_Dialog

thomas.linder
Hi

Hi

I have seen that and did something similar but that doesn't answer my question. The idea is to put the relevant files for a new project outside the SDK directory and NOT touch the SDK files in case an update or similar happens. I was wondering if there is a guide what needs to be changed so I don't get all kinds of issues with the compiler/linker.

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi thomas.linder,

Hi thomas.linder,

Unfortunately there isn’t such a document and changing the SDK structure is something the we would not recommend. All the code development should be done in the application layer, so if the SDK is changed, you can easily port the project to another SDK.

Thanks, PM_Dialog