RUN DA14531 module and USB development kit with 1.8 V supply

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
balaji
RUN DA14531 module and USB development kit with 1.8 V supply

Hi Dialog,

From da14531 module datasheet the operating voltage is 1.8 - 3.3 . for my application i need to connect a sensor with operating voltage of 1.8 V. I have a custom board of module  and USB development kit. the custom board is powered with 1.8 V regulated supply and in GPIO pins ,also the readings are 1.7 - 1.8 V .

Is there any way to power up USB development kit with 1.8 V.?

In sdk , there is power rail to configure pin power to 1V or 3V , and there is syscntl.c which we can configure multiple power configuration like buck , boost with varied voltage levels.

My requirement is set GPIO voltage level to 1.8 V without any regualator circuit. is it possible with dialog module?

Keywords: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Balaji,

Hi Balaji,

Apologies for the delay. Probably I missed this ticket. Let me check it and I’ll get back to you shortly.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

ED_Dialog
Staff
Hello Balaji,

Hello Balaji,

An option could be to use a device such as the SLG46121 as a simple level shifter.

SLG46121:

https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/slg46121

Kind regards,
Elliott

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Balaji,

Hi Balaji,

With regards to the DA14531 question, please check the GPIO_ConfigurePinPower() from the GPIO driver. The gpio power rail can be set either at 3V or 1V. The USB kit is using a 3.3 V LDO powering VHIGH on DA14531 (buck mode configuration).

Thanks, PM_Dialog