DA14580 with CodeLess firmware not detected by Android Dialog DSPS

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
t991731
DA14580 with CodeLess firmware not detected by Android Dialog DSPS

Hi!
I have bought a HJ-580LA BLE module and loaded it up with CodeLess firmware as guided by the youtube tutorial by Lucid Dev Team.
I can access the programmed module via UART and use AT command to configure it.
I turned the sleep mode off, set it to peripheral, and set it to advertizing mode.
The module appears under the bluetooth devices of my win10 PC and sony xperia smartphone, but not Xiaomi mi4 phone.
When I try to connect to it with Android Dialog DSPS on xperia then after pressing "SCAN" the app reports "No devices found".
Am I doing something wrong?
Also can the older firmware version "DA1458x_DSPS_v_5.150.2" that was used in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71hdcDCAY7o
be downloaded from somewhere? I would like to try that one also.
With best regards,
Marek

Device: 
MHv_Dialog
Staff
Hi Marek,

Hi Marek,

The DSPS Android application is not compatible with the CodeLess implementation. The app will scan for devices supporting the DSPS service, and CodeLess does not advertise or support this service. 

You can still try CodeLess with a generic Bluetooth Smart application such as BLE Scanner (for Android) or LightBlue for iOS. CodeLess exposes three custom characteristics. You can write AT commands (ATrI as an example) to the first one and the response can be read from the second characteristic.

I have asked our team to provide a link to the DA1458x_DSPS_v_5.150.2 project.

/MHv

t991731
Thank you for the quick reply

Thank you for the quick reply!

I tried using BLE scanner and also Bluetooth LE Lab for windows.
With BLE scanner I was able to connect to the CodeLess once and saw the services,
but I was unable to push any data through since the CodeLess was disconnected
right after "Discovering services". After that I could not see the services any more.

Using Bluetooth LE Lab on Windows10 I can see unknown service
866D3B04-E674-40DC-9C05-B7F91BEC6E83
with three characteristics
914F8FB9-E8CD-411D-B7D1-14594DE45425, Properties: Read, Write, Attribute handle: 17, Protection: Plain
3BB535AA-50B2-4FBE-AA09-6B06DC59A404,Properties: Read, Write, Attribute handle: 19, Protection: Plain
E2048B39-D4F9-4A45-9F25-1856C10D5639, Properties: Read, Write, Notify, Attribute handle: 21, Protection: Plain

When I'm writing "ATrl+hello" from PC then I get error "Exception when writing: Device unreachable." but at the same time i receive "OK"
from the uart.

When I write "ATrl+hello" to the serial port of the DA14580 then I will get "ERROR"

When I write "AT+PRINT=Test\r" to serial then I receive

"Test" and "OK" but I dont receive anything from the service exept an error "Exception while reading: Arg_ArgumentException"

I have disabled the sleep mode in CodeLess source but I was not able to find the flow control settings to change it to software flow control.

Regards,
Marek

MHv_Dialog
Staff
Hi Marek,

Hi Marek,

ATrI is not an extended command (the plus-sign and anything following as in your example is not supported). Please use BLE Scanner (Android) or Light Blue (iOS) again and this time simply send the ATrI command. You should receive a text back from the device with information about the build and revision.  

/MHv 

t991731
Can this problem be related

Can this problem be related to flow control?
I have no hardware flow control implemented in my board and I cant find a place in CodeLess where I can configure it to use SW flow control.
The module that I'm using has only P00, P03, P04, P05, P06, P11, P14, P15 routed out.
How is the progress with providing the link to the DA1458x_DSPS_v_5.150.2 project ? :)

With best regards,
Marek

MHv_Dialog
Staff
Hi Marek,

Hi Marek,

If you are attempting to send commands across via Bluetooth, you have to be in a connection and append the 'r' to your command.

Example: ATr+PRINT=Hello World is taken so I will just say Hello!

/MHv 

MHv_Dialog
Staff
DSPS 5.150.2 is back on the