DA14695 ble_range_dte example will compile but not run properly

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
apdobaj
DA14695 ble_range_dte example will compile but not run properly

I'm trying to run the ble_range_dte example from source and it compiles fine but then doesn't debug properly in the target (DA14695 USB DK). By not properly I mean it won't single step or stop at main and throws a lot of hardware faults. I have not touched the example code (except to enable the LCD )  and am running SmartSnippets as a fresh install and the WiRa SDK 10.440.8.6. It does the same thing on both devices and they worked out of the box, so it's not the hardware. I belive it's something about the IDE configuration, something in the way the memory is mapped? Please advise.

apdobaj

Device: 
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi apdobaj,

Hi apdobaj,

Thanks for your question. What is the version of the SmartSnippets Studio that you are using?

Can you please share some screenshots to understand the steps you are following?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

apdobaj
I've been playing around with

I've been playing around with the build settings and have discovered that the build works if I use the Release configuration. I've also discovered that the build libraries (mkimage and so forth) have been compiled using the Release configuration. I've been able to re-build all of the libraries in a debug config with the exception of the mkimage one which doesn't have a win32 "Debug" configuration in the list. I've tried copying configs from other projects but none of them work for the mkimage one. And now, after rebuilding the ble_range_dte example I'm getting the following error when compiling using the Debug configuration:

10:28:57 **** Incremental Build of configuration DA1469x-00-Debug_QSPI for project ble_range_dte ****
make --silent all 
Generate linker scripts.

Building target: ble_range_dte.elf
Invoking: Cross ARM C Linker
c:/diasemi/smartsnippetsstudio2.0.16/gcc/7-2018-q2/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lc_p-lc_p
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [makefile:78: ble_range_dte.elf] Error 1
make: *** [makefile:69: all] Error 2
"make --silent all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

10:28:59 Build Failed. 3 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.486ms)

This error seems to be related to the libbo_crypto library so I've tried to add some paths in the linker library properties dialog but this has not helped. I obviously need to get the debug configuration working and it appears to do this I need the details of the debug configuration for the mkimage library. Or is the issue something else? 

I'm using version 2.0.16.1760

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi apdobaj

Hi apdobaj

Thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! We’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the NEW forum only - please POST any new threads at  https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support

We’ll be fixing bugs / optimizing the searching and tagging over the coming days.

This ticket has been ported on : https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/bluetooth-low-energy?post_id=11458#tab-support_tab_content

Apologies for the delay – I’ll respond you as soon as possible on the NEW forum thread.

Thanks, PM_Dialog