Replacing the TI CC2540EMK-USB for Dialog DA14531 Development Kit-USB

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
josephdiest
Replacing the TI CC2540EMK-USB for Dialog DA14531 Development Kit-USB

Hello,

I am currently using the TI CC2540EMK-USB as a host in a development. I have run into an issue where the MTU size is limited to 20 Bytes on the TI dongle. I am looking into switching to the DA14531 USB dongle and need help determining if this module will be a suitable replacement. Will I be able to communicate with the DA1451 USB dongle over the USB port and send commands to perform GATT/ATT and GAP operations such as device scans and characteristic writes? Do you have a GUI software that I can use to perform these operations?

Thank you in advance.

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi josephdiest,

Hi josephdiest,

Thanks for your question online. We’ll reach out to you directly (offline from the forum) in your registered email address.

Thanks, PM_Dialog