DA14585 drive HFET1

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roie DAHAN
DA14585 drive HFET1

Dear Dialog Team,

The project I'm working on uses an electric water valve that require BLE5.0

Please advise if DA14585 can drive/control HFET1 (if not please advise other Dialog althernative solution)

Moreover, i'm having trable to find the best HFET1 P\N to fit my application (attached valve datasheet)

if you have a refrance design/scehmtic it would be perfect 

Thanks

Roie

Attachment: 
Device: 
Device Number: 
HFET1
Petro
Staff
Hello Roie,

Hello Roie,

Can you please clarify what is your expected voltage for VBAT3V and VBAT1V because based on these levels DA14585 provides different min logic high levels? Regarding valve control, so in general our HFETs are dedicated to control high side load, so if you plan to just make a GND, our HFET doesn't fit to your application. Also since you are planning to control inductive load, so I would recommend you to read our ANs https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/AN-1207 and https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/AN-1160. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Roie DAHAN
Hi,

Hi,

The expected voltage VBAT is 3V for the DA14585,

Do you have any refrance design/schematic that uses the DA14585 to control solenoid ?

Thanks,

Roie

Petro
Staff
Hi Roie. DA14585 has two VBAT

Hi Roie. DA14585 has two VBAT pins: VBAT1V (E1) and VBAT3V (F4), so depends on voltage levels the IO logic high levels are different. For example if VBAT3V = 2.35V and VBAT1V = 0.9V, so min logic high level is 0.72V that is not enough to control HFET1 or so. If VBAT3V = 1.8V and VBAT1V = 0V, so min logic high level is 1.44V that is good enough to control HFET1. For valve control, you can use simple N channel MOSFET with connecting source pin to GND, Drain to the coil and Gate to one of the IO pins of DA14585. All you need to check is the VGS threshold of MOSFET to be sure that logic level from DA14585 is enough to turn it on.

JE_Dialog
Staff
Hi Roie, we dont have any

Hi Roie, we dont have any solenoid interface examples unfortuantely. We woudl be happy to review any scheamtic you provide. Thanks John

Roie DAHAN
Hi,

Hi,

I can use VBAT3V = 1.8V and VBAT1V = 0V or VBAT3V = 3.3V and VBAT1V = 0V both should be good to drive the HFET1 ?

so, for valve control can you recomment a specific P\N for this application ?

Thanks,

Roie

Petro
Staff
Hi Roie. Both voltages should

Hi Roie. Both voltages should be fine. VBAT3V = 3.3V and VBAT1V = 0V is preferable. If you want to use HFET1, so I would recommend SLG59H1313 but you should use it in high side (One of the pin from your solenoid is directly on GND and 1313 control voltage to the other pin of solenoid). But you can also use just N-Channel MOSFET from any vendor (for example  NDS331N) with the connection as I descibed in previous reply.