Migration between devices (e.g. SLG46824/6 to SLG46533)

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/support . We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
pkrmht
Migration between devices (e.g. SLG46824/6 to SLG46533)

Dear Forum

I intend to make a design using SLG46824/6 (VDD = VDD2) as a power sequencer with the ability to update the NVM every now and then. Later in the product life cycle (when design is stable and going to mass production) SLG46824/6 shall be replaced by SLG46533 (OTP).

• Is there an easy way to migrate an existing design (given it does not exceeed the target device resource) to a different part, without the need to repeat the design entry?

• In FPGA designs (e.g. Xilinx) they have a "compatibility" mode, which restricts resource usage to fit into all of the (footprint) compatible devices selected. Is there such a feature in the GreenPAK designer (or planned for future)?

• Generally it would be desirable that designs were not so closely locked to devices (i.e. separating the design and the part mapping). I think of working with generic LUT, CNT/DLY, PINS etc. with the ability of copy and paste and only afterwards mapping to any GreenPAK device the design fits to. That would be a huge added value! Any thing in that direction planned for the near future or on the road map?

Thanks for information
Peter

Device: 
Device Number: 
SLG46824, SLG46533
JE_Dialog
Staff
Hi Peter,

Hi Peter,

unfortuantly not...  this is one of the identified limitations of the platform that if you migrate from one device to another, it does need a re-entering of the schematic capture/ config. .  We get this request quite frequently - for future generations, we're looking at figuring out a way to acheive this. 

I'll feed your comments into the team. Thanks again , JE_DIalog